FREE SEMINAR: Dr.Thomas Gudaitis, DC, from Pinnacle Integrated Health Care LLC and Accelerated Medical Weight Loss, along with the Niles Wellness Center, is hosting a free seminar “4 Secrets to Looking and Feeling Younger” 1 to 3 p.m. today in the conference room at the Wellness Center. Refreshments will be served. Seating is limited. Call 330-349-9355 to reserve a spot.
HILLSIDE REACCREDITED: Steward Health Care is announcing that Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital in Howland has been reaccredited for a period of three years by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) for its inpatient rehabilitation programs — hospital (adults) and comprehensive vocational evaluation services programs.
This latest CARF accreditation marks the seventh consecutive three-year CARF accreditation that has been awarded to Hillside.
For more information about Hillside, call 330-841-3726 or visit www.hillsiderehabhospital.org.
HOSPICE VOLUNTEERS: Crossroads Hospice and Palliative Care’s “Change Your Future” campaign is seeking volunteers for assisted living and nursing facilities.
Volunteers are sought to help Crossroads staff by reading, playing cards or music, or arts and crafts. They may bring their pets to visit patients or run errands and provide respite for family members.
For information, contact Ashley Green at 330-899-9100 or email@example.com or visit www.crossroadshospice.com/hospice-volunteering/hospice-volunteering/.
ADDICTION HELP: Addiction help is available through Coleman Access Center, 552 N. Park Ave., Warren. For information, call 330-392-1100 or 211. For information about the program’s sponsor, Trumbull County Mental Health and Recovery Board, visit www.trumbullmhrb.org or call 330-675-2765.
QUIT SMOKING FOR FREE DIAPERS: The Baby & Me Tobacco Free Program at the Trumbull County Combined Health District offers pregnant women a free smoking cessation program and an opportunity to receive free diapers for up to one year after delivery. For information, call 330-675-2590, Ext. 3.
HEALTH SCREENINGS: Neighborhood Health Watch provides free health screenings once a month at Niles SCOPE. Call 330-480-2011 for a schedule.
PARKINSON’S PROGRAM: Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital fitness program for people with Parkinson’s disease meets 12:45 to 1:45 p.m. Fridays at the hospital, 8747 Squires Lane NE, Howland.
For information or to register, call 330-841-3893 or visit vcprograms.net.
WELLNESS CLINICS: Shepherd of the Valley is offering wellness clinics at each of its locations in Trumbull County. Each site will provide a nurse to check blood pressure and blood glucose levels. The clinics are 10 to 11 a.m. the second Wednesdays monthly at 1500 McKinley Ave., Niles, and fourth Wednesdays at 4100 North River Road, Howland.
For information, call 330-530-4041 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CELEBRATE RECOVERY: Class is 6:30 to 8 p.m. Thursdays at the Warren Revival Center Fellowship Hall, 4000 W. Market St., Leavittsburg. Call 330-898-4295 for information.
HEALTH DEPARTMENT VACCINATIONS: The Trumbull County Combined Health District offers vaccinations to children and adults. For information, call 330-675-2590, Ext. 3. Adult TB testing is available by appointment.
WELLNESS CENTER PROGRAMS: The Niles Wellness Center offers the following programs. To register, call 330-349-9355 or email email@example.com or Lynda Briach at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Free SilverSneakers class for members — 10 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays;
• Yoga with Tricia — 10 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Mats are provided;
• Spinning class — 6:30 p.m. Mondays, 7 p.m. Thursdays, 6 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays and 8:30 a.m. Saturdays. Free for SilverSneakers and Fitness members.
TCMHRB MEETINGS: The Trumbull County Mental Health and Recovery Board has scheduled the following meetings for July:
• Countywide orientation, 8 to 10:30 a.m. today, TMHA First Floor Conference Room B;
• Suicide Prevention Coalition, 1:30 p.m. today, Board Conference Room;
• Board of directors meeting, 4:30 p.m. today, TMHA First Floor Conference Room A;
• TCMHRB 21st annual golf outing, 9 a.m. Friday, Riverview Golf Club, Newton Falls.
ST. JOE’S AT THE MALL, Eastwood Mall, Niles. Hours are 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday. Phone 330-652-7542.
• Free blood pressure screenings — 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday to Thursday and 2 to 4 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday;
• Strong Bones Program — Free 12-week program of personalized strength training for those who have osteoporosis or low-bone density;
• Monthly exercise classes — Cardio Jam group exercise, SilverSneakers Cardio, Silver Sneakers Classic, Easy Yoga and Chair Yoga, Exercise Class for people with Parkinson’s, Zumba, Zumba Gold, SilverSneaker Balance class and Drums and Muscles workout class;
• Talk with the Doc, “Lumps and Bumps I Should be Concerned About,” with Dr. Jeffery Ellerhorst — 12:15 to 1:15 p.m. Wednesday. Call to register. Lunch will be available for a fee.
• MyChart sign ups, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday. Staff will be available to help.
• Special lab express, 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. July 25. Get a TSH (Thyroid) or PSA (Prostate) test for $10 each. HgA1c (Diabetes) test is available for $15.
• Speak to a MH Prescription Drug Assistance staff member to help pay for medicine, 8 a.m. to noon July 25. We can help you find out if you meet drug company program guidelines.
• Free notary public services and free living wills and durable power of attorney for healthcare, 1 to 4 p.m. July 26. Completed this day with help from Palliative Care staff.
• Free peripheral vascular disease screening, 1 to 4 p.m. July 26. Nurse will measure blood flow to the legs by doing Ankle Brachial Index. By appointment only.