STRESS / DEPRESSION SEMINAR: Alternatives for Managing Anxiety, Stress and Depression Seminar is being offered at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at the Ohio Naturopathic Wellness Center in Boardman. The use of antidepressants has skyrocketed over the past two decades. The free seminar will be presented by Dr. Ted Suzelis, ND, on natural ways to address the genetic, environmental and dietary causes of these chemical imbalances. Call 330-729-1350 or go to OhioND.com to preregister.
HOSPICE VOLUNTEERS: Crossroads Hospice & Palliative Care’s “Change Your Future” campaign reaches out to volunteers in assisted living facilities and nursing facilities. Volunteers are welcome to help Crossroads staff in the office. Volunteers can share their favorite activities like reading, card games, playing music, or arts and crafts. They may bring their pets to visit patients or run errands and provide respite for family members. For information or to volunteer, contact Ashley Green at 330-899-9100 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.crossroadshospice.com/hospice-volunteering/hospice-volunteering/.
GRIEF SHARE SPRING: Grief Share Spring 2018 group will start 5 p.m. Feb. 18, at Leavittsburg Church of God, 610 S. Leavitt Road, Leavittsburg. For information and preregistration call Leavittsburg Church of God, 330-898-1131 or go to www.griefshare.org.
GRIEF SHARE: Churchill United Methodist Church, 189 Churchill Hubbard Road, Liberty, will offer “Grief Share” to those who have had a loss in their lives. The program is 6 p.m. Thursdays through April 19 in the church parlor on the second floor of the educational building. Contact Janice Ferry at 330-759-1924.
GRIEF SHARE: Grief Share sessions are 10 a.m. to noon Saturdays at Howland United Methodist Church, 730 Howland Wilson Road NE, Howland. Each session is self-contained, but weekly attendance is encouraged.
Call 330-856-3463 for information.
HEALING HEARTS: The group meets 6 p.m. Mondays at Grace Fellowship Church in the Eastwood Mall Complex, Niles, for anyone who has lost someone to an overdose.
ADDICTION HELP: Addiction help is available through Coleman Access Center, 552 N. Park Ave., Warren. For information, call 330-392-1100 or 211. For information about program sponsor, Trumbull County Mental Health and Recovery Board, visit www.trumbullmhrb.org or call 330-675-2765.
PARKINSON’S PROGRAM: Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital fitness program for people with Parkinson’s disease meets 12:45 to 1:45 p.m. Fridays at the hospital, 8747 Squires Lane NE, Howland. For information or to register, call 330-841-3893 or visit vcprograms.net.
SUPPORT GROUP: Circle of Hope, a support group for those with a mental health diagnosis, will meet 6:30 p.m. the second and fourth Monday of each month at Grace United Methodist Church, 1725 Drexel Ave., Warren. For more information, call 330-502-8103.
HEALTH SCREENINGS: Neighborhood Health Watch provides free health screenings once a month at Niles SCOPE. Call 330-480-2011 for a schedule.
DUAL-DIAGNOSIS CONNECTIONS: National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Mahoning Valley announces a new Connections support group for adults dealing with mental health and substance abuse issues. The group meets 6 p.m. second and fourth Wednesdays monthly at the Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown. Other NAMI Connection groups are:
• 1:30 p.m. Thursdays, Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown;
• 6 p.m. second and fourth Thursday, Alta Care Building, 142 Javit Court, Austintown;
• 6 p.m. second and fourth Wednesday, Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown.
NAMI Mahoning Valley offers support groups for people and families dealing with mental illness:
• Girard Family Support — 11 a.m. first Thursday monthly, Girard Free Library, 105 E. Prospect St., Girard;
• Austintown Family Support Group — 7 p.m. second Tuesday monthly, Alta Care building, 142 Javit Court, Austintown.
For information, visit namimv.org, call 330-727-9268 or e-mail email@example.com.
WELLNESS CLINICS: Shepherd of the Valley is offering wellness clinics at each of its locations in Trumbull County. Each site will provide a nurse to check blood pressure and blood glucose levels. The clinics are 10 to 11 a.m. second Wednesdays monthly at 1500 McKinley Ave., Niles; and fourth Wednesdays at 4100 North River Road, Howland. For information, call 330-530-4041 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
MVI HOSPICE CARE: Bereavement support groups are free to anyone who has lost a loved one, including a pet. Contact 330-759-9487 for information. Sessions are 1 to 3 p.m. third Wednesdays monthly at First Presbyterian Church of Warren Fellowship Hall, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren; and 1 to 3 p.m. the first Wednesday of the month; and 6 to 8 p.m. fourth Monday of the month at the Boardman Park Georgeanna Parker Administration Building, 375 Boardman Poland Road, Boardman.
CELEBRATE RECOVERY: Class is 6:30 to 8 p.m. Thursdays at the Warren Revival Center Fellowship Hall, 4000 W. Market St., Leavittsburg. Call 330-898-4295 for information.
QUIT SMOKING FOR FREE DIAPERS: The Baby & Me Tobacco Free Program at the Trumbull County Combined Health District offers pregnant women a free smoking cessation program and an opportunity to receive free diapers for up to one year after delivery. For information, call 330-675-2590, Extension 3.
HEALTH DEPARTMENT VACCINATIONS: The Trumbull County Combined Health District offers vaccinations to children and adults. For information, call 330-675-2590, Extension 3. Adult TB testing is available by appointment.
WELLNESS CENTER PROGRAMS: The City of Niles Wellness Center offers the following programs. To register, call the center at 330-349-9355 or email Theresa Scirocco at email@example.com or Lynda Briach at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Free SilverSneakers class for members — 10 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
• Yoga with Tricia — 10 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Bring a mat.
• Spinning class — 6:30 p.m. Mondays, 7 p.m. Thursdays, 6 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays and 8:30 a.m. Saturdays. Free for SilverSneakers and Fitness members.
TCMHRB SCHEDULE: Trumbull County Mental Health and Recovery Board meeting schedule in February is:
• Addiction and Mental Health Program Committee, 4:30 p.m. today, board conference room.
• NAMI Mahoning Valley Steering Committee, 11 a.m. Feb. 14, Valley Counseling Services, 150 E. Market St., Warren.
• Voices of Youth Committee, 1 p.m. Feb. 15, YWCA 375 North Park Ave., Warren.
• Presidents’ Day, Feb. 19, Office Closed.
• ASAP Opiate Task Force, 9:30 a.m. Feb. 20, TMHA First Floor Conference Room A.
• Suicide Prevention Coalition, 1:30 p.m. Feb. 20, board conference room.
• Board of Directors Meeting, 4:30 p.m. Feb. 20, TMHA First Floor Conference Room A.
• Recovery Housing Meeting, 2 p.m. Feb. 27, board conference room.
NAMI Mahoning Valley Steering Committee, 11 a.m. Feb. 14, Valley Counseling Services, 150 E. Market St., Warren
ST. JOE’S AT THE MALL, Eastwood Mall, Niles. Open 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday. Call 330-652-7542.
• Free blood pressure screenings — 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday to Thursday and 2 to 4 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday.
• Strong Bones Program — Free 12-week program of personalized strength training for those who have osteoporosis or low bone density to improve muscle strength.
• Monthly exercise classes — Cardio Jam group exercise, SilverSneakers Cardio, Silver Sneakers Classic, Easy Yoga and Chair Yoga, Exercise Class for people with Parkinson’s, Zumba, Zumba Gold, SilverSneaker Balance class and Drums and Muscles workout class.
• Free carotid arteries or abdominal aortic aneruysm screening for those at risk and meet criteria, 8:30 to 11 a.m. Wednesday. Recommended for over 65 who are smokers or have been smokers. By appointment only.
• Free bone density screening, 9 a.m. to noon Friday. Come in and have an ultrasound of the heel bone to screen for Osteoporosis. No appointment necessary.