FIBROMYALGIA GROUP TO MEET: Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia will meet 2 p.m. Jan. 15 at the Presbyterian Church, 256 Mahoning Ave., Warren.
HERBOLOGY CLASS: Dr. Dannielle MacDuff, in part with Mussler Chiropractic and Phoenix House Wellness Center, will teach a three-week class on herbology, 7 to 8:30 p.m. Jan. 18, 25 and Feb. 1 at ETI Technical College, 2076 Youngstown Warren Road, Niles. This class will focus on nutritives in the form of poultices, infusions and syrups.
To register, call 330-758-9567 or visit the events page on the Mussler Chiropractic website, musslerchiro.com. There is a cost for the class.
TRUMBULL COUNTY CARES: Trumbull County CARES, a monthly support group for children who have lost a parent to addiction or have a parent in active addiction, and those who are caring for them, will meet 6 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 17.
Support groups will be divided into three groups to allow age-appropriate sharing — ages 8 to 12, 13 to 17 and 18 and older. Childcare for children 7 and younger will be available but you must call to reserve.
For more information on locations, times and reservations, call 330-544-8005.
LIFELINE SCREENINGS: Champion Presbyterian Church is hosting Life Line Screening health screenings Jan. 16 at 4997 Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren. Screenings will indicate risks of cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis, diabetes and other chronic, serious conditions. Consultants work with participants to create a package that is right for them based on age and risk factors.
For more information, call 877-237-1287 or visit www.lifelinescreening.com. Pre-registration is required.
IMMUNIZATIONS: Warren City Health District, 258 E. Market St., Suite 327, Warren, will hold regular childhood immunization clinics 9 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 3 p.m. Jan. 22. All clinics are walk-in. Bring updated shot records. The child should be well, free of fever, rash or illness. A $21.25 administration fee is charged.
For more information, call 330-841-2596.
GRIEFSHARE: GriefShare sessions are 10 a.m. to noon Saturdays at Howland United Methodist Church, 730 Howland Wilson Road NE. Attendees may visit at any point as each session is self-contained, but weekly attendance is encouraged.
Call 330-856-3463 for more information.
HEALING HEARTS: A Healing Hearts group meets 6 p.m. Mondays at Grace Fellowship Church in the Eastwood Mall Complex, Niles, for anyone who has lost someone to an overdose.
ADDICTION HELP: Addiction help is available through Coleman Access Center, 552 N. Park Ave., Warren. For information, call 330-392-1100 or 211. For information about program sponsor, Trumbull County Mental Health and Recovery Board, visit www.trumbullmhrb.org or call 330-675-2765.
PARKINSON’S PROGRAM: Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital fitness program for people with Parkinson’s disease meets 12:45 to 1:45 p.m. Fridays at the hospital, 8747 Squires Lane NE, Howland. For information or to register, call 330-841-3893 or visit vcprograms.net.
SUPPORT GROUP: Circle of Hope, a support group for those with a mental health diagnosis, will meet 6:30 p.m. the second and fourth Monday of each month at Grace United Methodist Church, 1725 Drexel Ave., Warren.
For more information, call 330-502-8103.
HEALTH SCREENINGS: Neighborhood Health Watch provides free health screenings once a month at Niles SCOPE. Call 330-480-2011 for a schedule.
DUAL-DIAGNOSIS CONNECTIONS: National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Mahoning Valley announces a new Connections support group for adults dealing with mental health and substance abuse issues. Lead by a NAMI-trained individual who is living in mental health and substance abuse recovery, the group meets 6 p.m. the second and fourth Wednesdays of the month at the Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown. Other NAMI Connection groups are:
• 1:30 p.m. Thursdays, Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown;
• 6 p.m. second and fourth Thursday, Alta Care Building, 142 Javit Court, Austintown;
• 6 p.m. second and fourth Wednesday, Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown.
NAMI Mahoning Valley offers support groups for people and families dealing with mental illness:
• Girard Family Support — 11 a.m. first Thursday monthly, Girard Free Library, 105 E. Prospect St., Girard;
• Austintown Family Support Group — 7 p.m. second Tuesday monthly, Alta Care building, 142 Javit Court, Austintown.
For information, visit namimv.org, call 330-727-9268 or e-mail email@example.com.
WELLNESS CLINICS: Shepherd of the Valley is offering wellness clinics at each of its locations in Trumbull County. Each site will provide a nurse to check blood pressure and blood glucose levels. The clinics are 10 to 11 a.m. at 1500 McKinley Ave., Niles, on the second Wednesday of the month and at 4100 North River Road, Howland, on the fourth Wednesday of the month.
For information, call 330-530-4041 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
MVI HOSPICE CARE: Bereavement support groups are free to anyone who has lost a loved one, including a pet. Contact 330-759-9487 for information. Sessions are 1 to 3 p.m. the third Wednesday of the month at First Presbyterian Church of Warren Fellowship Hall, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren, and 1 to 3 p.m. the first Wednesday of the month and 6 to 8 p.m. the fourth Monday of the month at the Boardman Park Georgeanna Parker Administration Building, 375 Boardman Poland Road, Boardman.
CELEBRATE RECOVERY: Class is 6:30 to 8 p.m. Thursdays at the Warren Revival Center Fellowship Hall, 4000 W. Market St., Leavittsburg. Call 330-898-4295 for information.
QUIT SMOKING FOR FREE DIAPERS: The Baby & Me Tobacco Free Program at the Trumbull County Combined Health District offers pregnant women a free smoking cessation program and an opportunity to receive free diapers for up to one year after delivery.
For information, call 330-675-2590, Ext. 3.
HEALTH DEPARTMENT VACCINATIONS: The Trumbull County Combined Health District offers vaccinations to children and adults. For information, call 330-675-2590, Ext. 3. Adult TB testing is available by appointment.
WELLNESS CENTER PROGRAMS: The City of Niles Wellness Center offers the following programs. To register, call the center at 330-349-9355 or email Theresa Scirocco at email@example.com or Lynda Briach at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Free SilverSneakers class for members — 10 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
• Yoga with Tricia — 10 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Bring a mat.
• Spinning class — 6:30 p.m. Mondays, 7 p.m. Thursdays, 6 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays and 8:30 a.m. Saturdays. Free for SilverSneakers and Fitness members.
TCMHRB SCHEDULE: Trumbull County Mental Health and Recovery Board meeting schedule in January is:
• Addiction and Mental Health Program Committee — 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, board conference room.
• NAMI Mahoning Valley Steering Committee — 11 a.m. Jan. 10, Help Network Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown.
• Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Jan. 15 — Office closed.
• County-Wide Orientation — 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. Jan. 16, TMHA first floor conference room B.
• ASAP Opiate Task Force — 9:30 a.m. Jan. 16, TMHA first floor conference room A.
• Board of Directors Meeting — 4:30 p.m. Jan. 16, TMHA first floor conference room A.
• Recovery Housing Meeting — 2 p.m. Jan. 30, board conference room.
ST. JOE’S AT THE MALL, Eastwood Mall, Niles. Open 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday. Call 330-652-7542.
• Free blood pressure screenings — 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday to Thursday and 2 to 4 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday.
• Strong Bones Program — A free 12-week program of personalized strength training for those who have osteoporosis or low bone density to improve muscle strength.
• Monthly exercise classes — Cardio Jam group exercise, SilverSneakers Cardio, Silver Sneakers Classic, Easy Yoga and Chair Yoga, Exercise Class for people with Parkinson’s, Zumba, Zumba Gold, SilverSneaker Balance class and Drums and Muscles workout class.
• Free notary public services and living wills and durable power of attorney for health care — 9 a.m. to noon Wednesday.
• Grief 101 — 1 to 2:30 p.m. Thursday. Kim Calhoun, licensed social worker and grief support specialist from Hospice of the Valley, will speak. Call 330-549-5901 to register.
• Free bone density screening, 9 a.m. to noon Friday.
• Nutrition Boot Camp, 1 to 2:30 p.m. Friday. Healthy lifestyle program for weight management. Six weeks. Taught by Deana DiGennaro, registered dietitian and certified weight management dietitian. Call to register. There is a cost.
• Free blood sugar screenings with eight-hour fast, 8:30 to 11 a.m. Jan. 15.
• Talk with the Doc, 12:15 to 1:15 p.m. Jan. 17. Dr. Claire Campbell will speaker on “Dementia — What to Know.” Call to register. Lunch for a fee.