LUPUS CALL-IN SUPPORT: The Lupus Foundation of America, Greater Ohio Chapter will host its monthly Call-In support group from 7 to 8 p.m. on Nov. 8.
Most discussions focus on the “how-to’s” of living with a chronic illness. It is a safe environment for people to learn, share and help. Individual differences and confidentiality are respected.
Please call 888-665-8787 or visit LupusGreaterOhio.org to register and receive the call-in information.
TCBDD TRANSPORTATION: The Trumbull County Board of Developmental Disabilities is privatizing transportation for adults starting Jan. 2, 2018. There will be a meet and greet with the company who will be providing transportation, Person Centered Services, 6 to 8 p.m. Nov. 8 at Fairhaven School, 420 Lincoln Way, Niles, and noon to 2 p.m. Nov. 9 at the TCBDD office, 45 North Road, Niles.
DENTIST PROVIDING FREE DENTAL TO VETS: Dr. Joseph Bedich from The Center For Progressive Dentistry in Cortland will be providing free dental care to veterans in need at the 3rd annual Day of Dentistry 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 18 at their office, 481 S. High St., Cortland.
Appointments are being accepted for cleanings, fillings and extractions. There will be a waitlist, and walk-ins will not be taken. Call 330-637-7971 for an appointment. Valid military ID is required.
GRIEFSHARE: GriefShare sessions are 10 a.m. to noon Saturdays at Howland United Methodist Church, 730 Howland Wilson Road NE. Attendees may visit at any point as each session is self-contained, but weekly attendance is encouraged. Call 330-856-3463 for more information.
GRIEFSHARE: Churchill United Methodist Church, 189 Churchill Hubbard Road, Youngstown, is offering GriefShare to all who have had a loss in their lives. The group will meet 6 p.m. Thursdays through Dec. 14 at the church. Call 330-759-1924 to join or for more information.
ADDICTION HELP: Addiction help is available through Coleman Access Center, 552 N. Park Ave., Warren. For information, call 330-392-1100 or 211. For information about program sponsor, Trumbull County Mental Health and Recovery Board, visit www.trumbullmhrb.org or call 330-675-2765.
PARKINSON’S PROGRAM: Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital fitness program for people with Parkinson’s disease meets 12:45 to 1:45 p.m. Fridays at the hospital, 8747 Squires Lane NE, Howland. For information or to register, call 330-841-3893 or visit vcprograms.net.
SUPPORT GROUP: Circle of Hope, a support group for those with mental health diagnosis, will meet 6:30 p.m. the second and fourth Monday of each month at Grace United Methodist Church, 1725 Drexel Ave., Warren. For more information, call 330-502-8103.
HYPNOSIS SESSION: A group hypnosis session for weight loss and smoking cessation will be 6 p.m. Wednesday at A Moment for Me Yoga Center, 8309 High St., Howland. There will be a free CD for use at home. For registration, call 330-647-0399.
HEALTH SCREENINGS: Neighborhood Health Watch provides free health screenings once a month at Niles SCOPE. Call 330-480-2011 for a schedule.
DUAL-DIAGNOSIS CONNECTIONS: NAMI Mahoning Valley announces a new weekly Connections support group for adults dealing with mental health and substance abuse issues. Lead by a NAMI trained individual who is living in mental health and substance abuse recovery, the group meets 6 p.m. the second and fourth Wednesdays of the month at the Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 330-727-9268.
WELLNESS CLINICS: Shepherd of the Valley is offering wellness clinics at each of its locations in Trumbull County. Each site will provide a nurse to check blood pressure and blood glucose levels 10 to 11 a.m.:
• Niles, 1500 McKinley Ave., — second Wednesday of the month.
• Howland, 4100 North River Road — fourth Wednesday of the month.
For information, call 330-530-4041 or email email@example.com.
MVI HOSPICE CARE: Bereavement support groups are free to anyone who has lost a loved one, including a pet. Contact 330-759-9487 for information. Sessions are 1 to 3 p.m. the third Wednesday of the month at First Presbyterian Church of Warren Fellowship Hall, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren, and 1 to 3 p.m. the first Wednesday of the month and 6 to 8 p.m. the fourth Monday of the month at the Boardman Park Georgeanna Parker Administration Building, 375 Boardman Poland Road, Boardman.
MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT GROUP: A mental health support group meets 6:30 to 8 p.m. the first and third Mondays monthly. For information, call 330-369-3010. Transportation can be arranged.
CELEBRATE RECOVERY: Class is 6:30 to 8 p.m. Thursdays at the Warren Revival Center Fellowship Hall, 4000 W. Market St., Leavittsburg. Call 330-898-4295 for information.
QUIT SMOKING FOR FREE DIAPERS: The Baby & Me Tobacco Free Program at the Trumbull County Combined Health District offers pregnant women a free smoking cessation program and an opportunity to receive free diapers for up to one year after delivery. For information, call 330-675-2590, ext. 3.
HEALTH DEPARTMENT VACCINATIONS: The Trumbull County Combined Health District offers vaccinations to children and adults. For information, call 330-675-2590, ext. 3. Adult TB testing is available by appointment.
NAMI Mahoning Valley offers support groups for people and families dealing with mental illness:
• Girard Family Support — 11 a.m. first Thursday monthly, Girard Free Library, 105 E. Prospect St., Girard.
• Austintown Family Support Group — 7 p.m. second Tuesday monthly, Alta Care building, 142 Javit Court, Austintown.
NAMI CONNECTION: Support group for those with mental health diagnosis meetings:
• 1:30 p.m. Thursdays, Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown.
• 6 p.m. second and fourth Thursdays monthly, Alta Care Building, 142 Javit Court, Austintown.
• 6 p.m., second and fourth Wednesday, Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown.
• NAMI Connection for people with substance abuse and mental illness, 6 p.m. the second and fourth Wednesday, Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave, Youngstown.
For information, visit namimv.org, call 330-727-9268 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCMH SCHEDULE: Trumbull County Mental Health and Recovery Board October meeting schedule is:
• ASAP Door Hanger Distribution, 10 a.m. Friday, TMHA First Floor Conference Room A.
WELLNESS CENTER PROGRAMS: The City of Niles Wellness Center offers the following programs. To register, call the center at 330-349-9355 or email Theresa Scirocco at email@example.com or Lynda Briach at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Free SilverSneakers class for members, 10 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
• Yoga with Tricia, 10 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Bring a mat.
• Spinning class, 6:30 p.m. Mondays, 7 p.m. Thursdays, 6 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays and 8:30 a.m. Saturdays. Free for SilverSneakers and Fitness members.
ST. JOE’S AT THE MALL, Eastwood Mall, Niles. Open 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday. Call 330-652-7542.
• Free blood pressure screenings, 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday to Thursday and 2 to 4 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday.
• Strong Bones Program, free 12-week program of personalized strength training for those who have osteoporosis or low bone density to improve muscle strength.
• Monthly exercise classes — Cardio Jam group exercise, SilverSneakers Cardio, Silver Sneakers Classic, Easy Yoga and Chair Yoga, Exercise Class for people with Parkinson’s, Zumba, Zumba Gold, SilverSneaker Balance class and, new Drums & Muscles workout class.
• Free carotid arteries or abdominal aortic aneruysm screening, 8:30 to 11 a.m. Wednesday. For those at risk & meet criteria. Recommended for over 65 who are smokers or have been smokers. By appointment only.
• Walk with a Doc event, 7:45 to 8:45 a.m. Friday, around the Eastwood Mall with Dr. Andrea Hastings, talking on Metabolic X Syndrome. Free giveaways for those that register ahead of time & refreshments- Call to register.
• Free notary public services and free living wills and durable power of attorney for healthcare, 9 a.m. to noon Nov. 8. Completed this day with help from Palliative Care staff.
• Special lab express, 9 to 11 a.m. Nov. 8. Get a General Health Panel and Complete Blood Count for $10 ea. 8 hour fast required for GHP. Only labs available this day. Walk in.
• Special Holiday Grief Support, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Nov. 9. Are you going through a loss or know someone who is? Come hear Kim Calhoun, LSW Grief support specialist from Hospice of the Valley. Valuable information and sharing in this class. Call 330-549-5901 to register