TMH RETIREES: The TMH Retirees will meet 11:30 a.m. Nov.14 at Buena Vista Restaurant. Bingo will be the program. All retirees are invited to attend. Call Linda at 330-847-7826 for a reservation. Dues and reservations are needed for the Christmas party.
SCOPE LECTURE: The Niles SCOPE Senior Center, 14 State St., will host a free lunch for those attending the lecture at 11:45 a.m. Nov. 18. The topic will be “Depression.” The program is sponsored by Gateway Health.
Preregistration is required by calling the center at 330-544-3676.
PERI MEETS: The Public Employee Retirees Inc., Trumbull County Chapter 56, will meet at 11:15 a.m. Nov. 16 at DiLucia’s Restaurant, 2610 Elm Road NE, Warren. The speaker will be Melissa Ames, vice president of the Better Business Bureau. Reservations are a must by Sunday to either Barb at 330-372-2603, Janet at 330-469-6753 or Virginia at 330-898-3625.
TCAP SENIOR CENTER: The Trumbull Community Action Program Senior Center, 1230 Palmyra Road SW, Warren, 330-393-2507, is open 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. Monthly activities include bingo and chair exercises. All monthly activities begin at noon.
• Computer classes: Free computer classes are offered 10 to 11 a.m. Thursdays in the Robin Elzy Learning Center. Topics include keyboard and mouse usage, word processing, document editing and Internet usage.
NUTRITION SITES AVAILABLE: The Trumbull County Nutrition Program for the Elderly is provided by the Trumbull County Office of Elderly Affairs and operates nutrition sites at 10 locations in the county. Meals will be delivered to county residents 60 or older who are homebound, unable to cook for themselves and not living with someone who can cook for them. Client donations are accepted for meals.
For information, call 330-675-2486. Reservations must be made by 2 p.m. two working days in advance.
Lunch for seniors 60 or older are held at the following sites:
• Cortview Village, 100 Cortview Drive, Cortland, noon Thursday and Friday
• Girard Multi-Generational Center, 443 Trumbull Ave., 2:30 p.m. Monday to Friday
• Hubbard Senior Center, 220 W. Liberty St., 4 p.m. Monday to Friday
• Johnston Senior Center, 5922 Warren Road, noon Monday to Friday
• Kinsman Fire Hall, 8450 Ridge Road, noon Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
• Lordstown Administration Building, 1455 Salt Springs Road, 11:45 a.m. Monday to Friday
• Calvary Presbyterian Church, Warren, 11:30 a.m. Monday to Friday
• Robert Morrison Village, 3000 Burton St. SE, Warren, 11:30 a.m. Monday to Friday
• West Farmington Senior Center, 151 College St., noon Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
• Willow Glen Senior Apartments, 500 Freedom Run Ave., Newton Falls, 11:15 a.m.
The menu is:
TODAY: Closed for Veterans Day.
MONDAY: Italian sausage link sandwich with peppers, onions and sauce, butter beans, sausage roll, pears, cake
TUESDAY: Baked chicken breast with gravy, ranch seasoned redskins, baby lima beans, dinner roll, peaches, pudding
WEDNESDAY: Roast pork, whipped potatoes, sauerkraut, wheat bread, applesauce, sherbet
THURSDAY: Thanksgiving meal with turkey and gravy, stuffing, sweet peas and onions, bean salad, dinner roll, Mandarin oranges, cookie
NOV. 18: Baked ham slice, scalloped potatoes, carrots, wheat bread, fresh seasonal fruit, mini banana loaf
TRANSPORTATION AVAILABLE TO NUTRITION SITES: Trumbull Community Action Program can transport senior citizens to the nutrition sites in Trumbull County that are operated by the Office of Elderly Affairs.
Transportation is for people 60 or older or their spouses. Those needing the service must call TCAP at 330-395-2287 to schedule rides and the Trumbull County Office of Elderly Affairs at 330-675-2486 to make meal reservations. Both calls are required before 3 p.m. two working days before they wish to go.
Seniors will be asked to make a donation for both their ride while in the van and for their meal while at the nutrition site.
• Transportation to the Trumbull Community Action Program Senior Center is available at 11:30 a.m., with departure at 2:30 p.m. The schedule is Monday and Wednesday, east side of Warren, and Tuesday and Thursday, the west side of Warren.
Call Community Action Transportation System 24 hours in advance to make reservations, at 330-395-2287.
VAN HUFFEL, VANEX MEET: Former Van Huffel and Vanex Tube employees meet 8 a.m. Fridays at Wayside Restaurant, 825 State Road NW, Champion. For more information, call 330-719-9781.
CORTLAND SCOPE: 125 N. Bank St., Cortland; 330-637-3010, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays, except for 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursdays. Open recreation includes darts, pool and cornhole.
FOWLER-VIENNA SENIOR CITIZENS: The group meets 9:30 a.m. or later Thursdays at the Fowler Community Center to play 500 bid, euchre and games, celebrate birthdays and anniversaries and for a 50-50 raffle and meals. Special meals are served the fourth Thursday of the month. Everyone 55 and older is welcome.
LORDSTOWN SCOPE: Rear of Lordstown Elementary School, 1776 Salt Springs Road, Lordstown, 330-824-2173. Open 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call ahead for lunch, which is served noon weekdays.
KINSMAN NUTRITION SITE OPEN: The Kinsman Senior Citizen Nutrition Site is open every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday to seniors 60 or older or their spouses. Meals are served about noon at the Kinsman Fire Hall, and donations are accepted. Doors open at 10 a.m.
For information, call site manager Dollie Davis at 330-876-5123. Cards and bingo are played every day and singing is on Wednesdays. To attend, call Davis two days prior.
JOHNSTON SENIOR CENTER: 5922 Warren Road, Cortland, 330-924-0412. Open 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. Membership is $12 a year. Puzzles, games and coffee bar are available daily. Daily meals are served at noon. Donations are accepted. Call for reservations. There are also monthly craft days and birthday parties.
All programs are free for members. The center provides the bands, light weights and balls for all programs. To reserve a lunch following the presentation, call by the Friday before.
FARMINGTON SENIOR CENTER: 150 College St., Farmington. Open 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and 7 a.m. to noon Mondays. Hot lunches are served Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Reservations are needed two days in advance. Call 330-889-2733.
CHAMPION SCOPE: 528 Educational Highway, Warren, 330-847-0503, Ext. 1638. Call ahead to attend meals. Beverages are included with meals. Tuesdays through Friday will be home-cooked lunch. Olympics training, arthritis exercises, cards, bingo, coloring and crossword puzzles during the week.
NILES SCOPE: 14 E. State St., Niles. Open 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday. Call 330-544-3676.
• The center holds bingo 1 to 2:30 p.m. Wednesdays. It is preceded by lunch at 11:30 a.m.
• The center offers laptop and iPad assistance 9 to 11 a.m. Wednesdays and Fridays.
• Zumba Gold classes 3 p.m. Tuesdays are taught by certified Zumba instructor Will Mowell from White Oak Manor. The program is a medium-paced dance exercise designed for senior citizens.
• Zumba Sentao (chair Zumba) is 2 p.m. Tuesdays, with instructor Karen Elder. The class is a slower version of Zumba Gold using a chair for support.
• Weekly square dance lessons will be offered 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesdays, taught by the Niles Friendly Squares. All age groups are welcome. For information, contact Gene Hammond at 330-534-4426 or 330-506-3370, or by email at Ghfh67@aol.com.
• A Thanksgiving dinner for all seniors will be offered 11:45 a.m. Wednesday. Tickets are on a first-come, first-served basis. Everyone can stay after for bingo from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Preregistration is required by calling the center or stop in to buy a ticket.
HOWLAND SCOPE: 8273 High St., Howland. To register for one or more classes, call Howland SCOPE at 330-609-7806. Classes are:
• 90-minute Monday classes, 10 to 11:30 a.m.;
• How to maintain and protect your PC and information, 10 a.m. Sunday;
• Open help session, 1 to 3 p.m. Monday.
WARREN SCOPE: 220 W. Market St., Warren. For more information, call 330-399-8846. Food pantry hours are 10 a.m. to noon Thursdays. The cafe is open to senior citizens 11:30 a.m. Tuesday through Friday.
• The Health Services Advisory Group is offering “Everyone with Diabetes Counts” 1 p.m. Mondays at the center. Contact the center for more information.
• Intermediate-advanced tap dancing classes are being provided by Jason Burgermyer at 11 a.m. on Fridays. Pat Lumpkin teaches beginners at 9:30 a.m.
AUSTINTOWN SENIOR CENTER: 100 Westchester Drive. Open 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday. Register for a free 11:30 a.m. lunch by 10:30 a.m. at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 330-953-1416. The center features speakers 11:30 a.m. every Friday, followed by the taping of the “Senior Focus” TV show.
COUNTRY NEIGHBOR: Country Neighbor Community Center, 39 S. Maple St., Orwell, is offering the Maple Street Cafe breakfast 6 to 10 a.m. Mondays through Fridays. All proceeds benefit the services and programs of Country Neighbor.
For reservations or information, call Rose Nick, program coordinator, at 440-437-6311.
GIRARD MULTI-GENERATION CENTER, 443 Trumbull Ave., www.multigen.org. For information on membership or services offered at the center, call 330-545-6596 or go to www.multigen.org. A coffee bar will be 8:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Monday through Friday, adult basketball and cornhole 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wii gaming system, air hockey and pingpong are also available.