HEALTH PROGRAM RESCHEDULED: The Health Awareness Series by Gateway Health on “Depression” scheduled Friday at the Niles SCOPE has been rescheduled to 10 a.m. Wednesday at the Champion SCOPE and 12:15 p.m. Nov. 28 at the Lordstown SCOPE. For more information, contact Champion SCOPE at 330-847-0503, ext. 1638 or the Lordstown SCOPE at 330-824-2173.
IMMUNIZATION CLINICS: The Warren City Health Department will hold a child immunization clinic 9 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 3 p.m. Nov. 28 at the Warren City Health District, 258 E. Market St., Suite 327, Warren. No appointment is necessary. The child should be well, free of fever, rash or illness. For more information, call 330-841-2596.
SUPPORT GROUP TO MEET: Fibromyalgia and / or Chronic Fatigue Support Group will meet 2 to 4 p.m. Nov. 21 at First Presbyterian Church, 256 Mahoning Ave., Warren. Note the group’s new time for winter months. For more information, call 330-847-7001.
HILLSIDE OFFERS PARKINSON’S PROGRAM: Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital is offering a fitness program for people with Parkinson’s disease 12:45 to 1:45 p.m. Fridays at Hillside’s boardroom, 8747 Squires Lane NE, Howland. For information or to register, call 330-841-3893 or visit vcprograms.net.
PROGRAM OFFERED FOR DEALING WITH ISSUES: An eight-step program based on the Beatitudes is open to anyone dealing with a life-controlling habit or issue 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Mondays at the Bloomfield Recovery Center, 10113 Creaser Ashtabula Road, Bloomfield. For information, call 330-599-2402.
HEALTH SCREENINGS: Neighborhood Health Watch provides free health screenings once a month at Niles SCOPE . Call 330-480-2011 for a schedule.
MVI HOSPICECARE: Bereavement support groups are free to anyone who has lost a loved one, including a pet. Contact Lisa Altman, licensed social worker, at 330-759-9487 for additional information. Sessions are 1 to 3 p.m. the third Wednesday of the month at First Presbyterian Church of Warren Fellowship Hall, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren; and 1 to 3 p.m. the first Wednesday of the month and 6 to 8 p.m. the fourth Monday of the month at the Boardman Park Georgeanna Parker Administrative Building, 375 Boardman Poland Road, Boardman.
MOOD DISORDER SUPPORT GROUP MEETS: Mental Wellness Circle of Hope holds meetings 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. the second and fourth Monday of the month at Grace United Methodist Church, 1725 Drexel Drive NW, Warren. The group is open to anyone diagnosed with a mood disorder, has a loved one who is diagnosed or who thinks they might have depression or bipolar disorder. The group offers peer-to-peer support. For more information, call 330-502-8103.
MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT GROUP: A mental health support group meets 6:30 to 8 p.m. the first and third Monday of each month. For more information, call the Mahoning Valley Hope Center at 330-369-3010. Transportation can be arranged.
CELEBRATE RECOVERY CLASS PLANNED: A class using Celebrate Recovery materials will be 6:30 to 8 p.m. Thursdays at the Warren Revival Center Fellowship Hall, 4000 W. Market St., Leavittsburg. Call 330-898-4295 for information.
FLU CLINICS TO BE HELD: Flu clinics will be 9 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4 p.m. daily at the Warren West Community Health Center, 716 Tod Ave. SW, Warren. Walk-ins are welcome. Call 330-373-0222 for more information.
HEALTH DEPARTMENT VACCINATIONS: The Trumbull County Combined Health District is offering vaccinations to children and adults. For information, prices or an appointment, call 330-675-2590, ext. 3. Adult TB testing is available by appointment.
NAMI Mahoning Valley, the local affiliate of the National Alliance on Mental Illness, offers a variety of support and educational groups for families and individuals dealing with mental health issues.
• NAMI family support groups are monthly groups aimed at providing information and support for family members and friends of individuals with mental illness. They are 11 a.m. the first Thursday of every month at the Girard Library, 105 E. Prospect St., Girard, and 7 p.m. on the second Tuesday of every month at D&E Counseling Center, 142 Javit Court, Austintown.
• NAMI Connection is a support group connecting individuals who live with mental illness in a structured discussion format. It is limited to adults living with a mental health diagnosis to promote self-disclosure in a safe, confidential environment. It is free to anyone with a mental health diagnosis. Groups meet 1:30 p.m. Thursdays at the Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown, and 6 p.m. the second and fourth Thursdays of the month at D&E Counseling Center, 142 Javit Court, Austintown.
For information, call 330-531-7490, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit namimv.org for more info.
ST. JOE’S AT THE MALL: The site next to Sears in the Eastwood Mall is open 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays; and 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. For information, call 330-652-7542, unless otherwise noted.
• Free blood pressure screenings 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and 2 to 4 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday.
• Flu shots and pneumonia vaccines available. Call for details.
• Strong Hearts-Strong Bones — Fitness center with 40 strength and cardio machines. Call or stop in for an appointment to join. All members receive an initial free fitness evaluation and personalized workout plan with the exercise physiologist. Call for an appointment. Weight management through strength training is available for fee.
• St. Joe’s at the Mall is a SilverSneakers site and a Silver and Fit site. Those with the Medicare Part C plan may be eligible.
• Monthly Exercise Classes — Free low-impact aerobic group exercise, 8:30 a.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday and 10 a.m. Monday and Friday; free SilverSneakers class, 10 a.m. and 11:15 a.m. Tuesday and Thursday; easy yoga class, 11 a.m. Monday and 9:30 a.m. Thursday (free with SilverSneakers); free chair yoga class, 11 a.m. Wednesday and Friday; free exercise class for people with Parkinson’s, 11 a.m. Monday and Friday; New Zumba classes weekly at 8:15 a.m. Tuesday and Thursday and 4 p.m. Monday and Wednesday (free for SilverSneakers); Balance Booster class, 11 a.m. Thursdays. New SilverSneaker Stability Class, 8:30 a.m. Tuesdays.
• Special Lab Express, 9 to 11 a.m. Wednesday. Get a general health panel or a complete blood count. Eight hour fast required for the general health panel. Only labs available this day. Walk in.
• Talk With the Doc Program – Adult Macro Degeneration will be noon to 1 p.m. Thursday. Doctor will be announced. Call to register. Lunch available.
• Free bone density screening 9 a.m. to noon Friday. Have an ultrasound of the heel bone to screen for Osteoporosis. No appointment necessary.
• Free blood sugar screenings 8:30 to 11 a.m. Nov 21, Dec. 19 and Jan. 16. Eight hour fast required.
• Free Peripheral Vascular Disease screening,1 to 4 p.m. Dec. 1. Nurse will measure blood flow to the legs by doing Ankle Brachial Index. By appointment only.
• Free notary public services and free living wills and durable power of attorney for healthcare, 1 to 4 p.m. Dec. 1. Completed this day with help from Palliative Care staff.
VALLEYCARE HEALTH SYSTEM OF OHIO — ValleyCare Health System of Ohio’s programs and support groups are offered at Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital, 8747 Squires Lane NE, Howland, and Trumbull Memorial Hospital, 1350 E. Market St., Warren.
• The Mahoning Valley Spinal Cord Injury Support Group meets 5 to 6 p.m. the second Monday of every month in the occupational / center one gym at Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital. For information or to register, call 330-841-3709.
• The Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital Stroke Support Group meets 2:30 to 4 p.m. the first Thursday of every month in the boardroom at Hillside. Stroke survivors, their family members and friends are welcome to attend. For information or to register, call 330-841-3891.
• The Alzheimer’s Association support group meets 10 a.m. the third Wednesday of every month in conference room F on the ground floor of Trumbull Memorial Hospital. The meetings are free to all caregivers and family members of a loved one living with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia. For information or to register, call 800-272-3900.
• The Birthplace at TMH provides Lamaze-in-a-Day and breastfeeding basics education classes. All classes are at TMH. For more information on class schedules or to register, call 330-841-9880.
• The Birthplace at TMH also provides a Latch-On Breastfeeding Support Group, which meets 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. Wednesdays in the Birthplace family waiting room on 3 North at the hospital. For information or to register, call 330-841-19880.
• The Trumbull Memorial Hospital Diabetes Education Support Group meets 1 to 2 p.m. the second Monday of every month in conference room F on the ground floor of TMH. This support group is open to anyone with diabetes, and to their family and friends. For information or to register, call 330-841-9689.
• Diabetes Education also hosts an outpatient group class, which is held over four days. Times are 2 to 3 p.m. Mondays and Tuesdays and 1:30 to 3 p.m. Wednesdays and Thursdays in the diabetes education classroom, room 905 at TMH. Evening classes and individual sessions are offered. There is a fee for the outpatient group classes, and a doctor’s referral and registration are required. For information or to register, call 330-841-9689.